New Hampshire Lakefront Real Estate Specialists
Specializing in luxury lakefront homes, cottages, cabins, and condos, or waterfront lots for sale in New Hampshire Lakes Region.
Lakes By Region
Search By Lake
Search All Properties
Boat Docks For Sale
Squam River Landing
Email Alert Sign Up
Areas We Cover
Home Buyer Information
About the NH Lakes Region
Lakes Region Road Map
Boating In NH
NH Boat Launch & Fishing Guide
NH Lake Quality
Visit Our Blog
For more information about New Hampshire Lake Real Estate, contact us today at 603-566-6608, email, or use our convenient Inquiry Form.
Paula Hinckley, Associate Broker
Carl Sack, Sales Professional
Four Seasons Sotheby's Intl Realty
3 Main Street
Meredith, NH 03253
Office - 603-677-7012
Licensed in New Hampshire
Squam Lake Real Estate, Moultonborough NH, Holderness NH, Sandwich NH, Center Harbor NH
Call 1-888-737-5550 and let Lady of the Lake do the searching for you or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your search criteria.
Squam Lake Real Estate - Waterfront Real Estate
6791 Acre Lake with no boating restrictions
Search for all Squam Lake properties on our website. Squam is New
Hampshire's second largest lake.
Search our Lakefront listings covering the towns of Holderness, Center Harbor, Moultonborough and Sandwich, NH for waterfront property available.
Send us an e-mail and we will keep you up to date with Squam Lake homes.
Click here to search
Squam Lake Lakefront Property Buyer's Guide
Squam Lake, the second largest lake in New Hampshire, is over 6,700 acres with a maximum depth of 98 feet.
Of particular interest regarding Squam Lake, is that it is not the usual Lakes Region shoreline - packed with cottages – here you will find open shorelines with large family estates, and the occasional Moose walking along. In fact, it's so picturesque that the 1981 film On Golden Pond was filmed here on Squam Lake.
Little Squam Lake is a 408 acre lake with a maximum depth of 84 feet, that feeds directly into big Squam. Little Squam takes on a winter wonderland life of its own in the winter when an airstrip is plowed across the lake for local pilots to land their planes, and a path is plowed around the 4.3 mile shoreline for ice skating.
Squam Lake Local Area Activities, Events & Attractions
- Biking and Hiking - trails and opportunities are plentiful in the area. The popular Red Hill trails are in Moultonborough.
- Boating - a state maintained launch ramp is located in Holderness, next to the Science Center, providing easy access to Big Squam Lake and Little Squam.
- Castle in the Clouds - a historic hillside property that can be toured, with views over the lakes region. A great picnic spot!
- Fishing - Squam Lake is well known for Landlocked Salmon fishing, but other species like Rainbow Trout, Smallmouth and Largemouth Bass, Pickerel and Perch are also to be found.
- Golf - Several courses are available in the area and throughout the Lakes Region.
- Islands - there are over 30 islands within the boundaries on Squam Lake. Many are owned by the association and visitors are welcome.
- Sandwich Fair - an annual Columbus Day Weekend family fair.
- Skiing - Ski resorts are located 10 – 45 minutes away.
- Squam Lakes Natural Science Center - a natural science discover center with events, live animal exhibits, cruises, gardens and more, is located in Holderness.
Notable Local Town Profiles
- Ashland is at the southern end of Little Squam. Its small downtown area features restaurants, groceries and a hardware store. Under the Covered Bridge at the south end of the lake you will find Squam River Landing, a full service marina with gas and docking available.
- Center Harbor is a quiet and picturesque New England lakeside town. Its village area is actually located shores of neighboring Lake Winnipesaukee.
- Holderness is located with shoreline access to both Big Squam Lake and Little Squam Lake. Holderness has a small downtown with a restaurants and a marina.
- Moultonborough has its town center located off Route 25. Home to the popular hiking trails at Red Hill and the Castle in Clouds where you can enjoy lunch at the famed castle overlooking Lake Winnipesaukee.
- Sandwich is one of the largest towns in Carroll County. Along with having miles of shoreline, Sandwich has an active artist community in the center of town. It is also home to the annual Sandwich Fair, historic buildings and plenty of open space.