Getting on New Hampshire’s Big Lakes at a reasonable cost?
Waterfront on any of the big lakes in New Hampshire is expensive! What if you want to enjoy all the lakes have to offer on a beer budget every chance you can get?
Depending on your family's needs there are several options worth looking into. Let's start with the least expensive option and go up from there.
1. Boat docks/slips: You can get rack storage in Moultonborough on Winnipesaukee for $15,000. This is an on-demand service, call and they put your boat in the water and your boat is stored indoors while you're not using it.
2. A slip you can overnight on? There are several options around the lakes starting at $50,000. Of course, you need a boat for both of these options.
( plus you don’t have to trailer your boat from home, drawback you have to commute from home to the dock )
3. Condos, you have a ton of choices and all price points. From $100,000 to $700,000. They will all put you close to the lake but the amenities differ widely. Private shared beach, docks, moorings, fitness club, hiking trails are some of the features you can find around the lake
4. Single-family homes with shared beach access you will find opportunities from $300,000 to $800,000, some with docks/day dock but all with beaches.
5. Single-family homes near the lake will cost $175,000 up.
6. Waterfront homes with owned shoreline start at $500,000 and go up from there.
( if you purchase or rent a dock space options 3-5 are excellent ways to get the family on the lake without trailering every day you want to get out on the lake )
From experience, I live close to Squam Lake and we trailer a small boat a short distance to the launch and beach area to explore all Squam has to offer. We also own a dock at Bay Shore Yacht Club in Meredith on Winnipesaukee. I try to get out on the big lake a couple of mornings a week fishing for salmon, a challenge I enjoy.
If you’re looking to sell or buy a lake home in NH give us a call?
Lady of the Lake Realty at 1-888-737-5550, e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website to view lake homes in New Hampshire at www.nhlakesrealty.com
Contact Carl Sack or Paula Hinckley #nhlakesrealty