NH Winter and Summer sporting activities
New Hampshire offers a wide range of sporting activities throughout the year. Here are some popular winter and summer activities in the state:
- Skiing and snowboarding: New Hampshire has several ski resorts, including Attitash, Bretton Woods, Loon Mountain, Sunapee, Gunstock, and Waterville Valley, offering downhill and cross-country skiing, snowboarding, and snowshoeing.
- Ice skating and ice fishing: The lakes regions 250 lakes and ponds freeze over in winter, providing opportunities for ice skating and ice fishing.
- Snowmobiling: New Hampshire has more than 7,000 miles of snowmobile trails, offering scenic rides through the state's forests and mountains.
- Sledding and tubing: Many of the state's ski resorts also offer sledding and tubing runs for families and children.
- Hiking and camping: New Hampshire has many state parks and forests, offering hiking trails and campsites for outdoor enthusiasts. NH has 48 peaks over 4000 feet to challenge our extreme climbers.
- Water sports: The state's many lakes and rivers offer opportunities for swimming, boating, fishing, and kayaking. Including the latest rage, wakeboarding/wake surfing.
- Golf: New Hampshire has several golf courses, including the prestigious Laconia and Sunapee Country Clubs plus the Lake Winnipesaukee Golf Club.
- Biking: The state has several scenic biking routes, including the White Mountains, Lakes Region, and the Seacoast.
- Rock climbing: The state's many mountains, including Mount Washington, offer rock climbing and bouldering opportunities for experienced climbers.
- Zip-lining and aerial adventures: Several parks and resorts offer zip-lining and other aerial adventures, providing thrilling experiences for adventure seekers.