Squam Lake Property for Sale - Big and Little Squam Lakefront Homes
6791 Acre Lake with no boating restrictions second largest lake in New Hampshire
All Distinctive and Luxury Squam Lake Property in the MLS are on our Website.
View all available Squam Lake Waterfront Property for sale, Cottages, Condos to Luxury Homes by water access type:
Lady of the Lake Realty. Contact us if you have questions or would like to schedule a showing.
Squam Lakefront homes are in the towns of Ashland, Holderness, Center Harbor, Moultonborough and Sandwich, NH. Squam is the second largest lake in NH.
View all lakefront listings for sale on Squam Lake in New Hampshire with Lady of the Lake Realty. Contact us if you have questions or would like to schedule a home showing.
Search with ease! Create an account to keep track of your favorite New Hampshire listings. We'll send you email updates when similar properties match your criteria.
Squam Lake Lakefront Property Buyer's Guide
Of particular interest regarding Squam Lake, is that it is not the usual Lakes Region shoreline - packed with cottages – here you will find open shorelines with large family estates, and the occasional Moose walking along. In fact, it's so picturesque that the 1981 film On Golden Pond was filmed here on Squam Lake.
Little Squam Lake is a 408-acre lake with a maximum depth of 84 feet, that feeds directly into big Squam. Little Squam takes on a winter wonderland life of its own in the winter when an airstrip is plowed across the lake for local pilots to land their planes. Plus a path is plowed around the 4.3-mile shoreline for ice skating.
Squam Lake Local Area Activities, Events & Attractions
- Biking and Hiking - trails and opportunities are plentiful in the area. The popular Red Hill trails are in Moultonborough.
- Boating - a state maintained launch ramp is located in Holderness, next to the Science Center, providing easy access to Big Squam Lake and Little Squam.
- Castle in the Clouds - a historic hillside property that can be toured, with views over the lakes region. A great picnic spot!
- Fishing - Squam Lake is well known for Landlocked Salmon fishing, but other species like Rainbow Trout, Smallmouth and Largemouth Bass, Pickerel and Perch are also to be found.
- Golf - Several courses are available in the area and throughout the Lakes Region.
- Islands - there are over 30 islands within the boundaries on Squam Lake. Many are owned by the association and visitors are welcome.
- Sandwich Fair - an annual Columbus Day Weekend family fair.
- Skiing - Ski resorts are located 10 – 45 minutes away.
- Squam Lakes Natural Science Center - a natural science discovery center with events, live animal exhibits, cruises, gardens and more, is located in Holderness.
Notable Local Town Profiles
- Ashland is at the southern end of Little Squam. Its small downtown area features restaurants, groceries, and a hardware store. Under the Covered Bridge at the south end of the lake you will find Squam River Landing / Riveredge Marina, a full-service marina with gas and docking available.
- Center Harbor is a quiet and picturesque New England lakeside town. Its village area is actually located shores of neighboring Lake Winnipesaukee.
- Holderness is located with shoreline access to both Big Squam Lake and Little Squam Lake. Holderness has a small downtown with a restaurant with docking and a marina.
- Moultonborough has its town center located off Route 25. Home to the popular hiking trails at Red Hill and the Castle in Clouds where you can enjoy lunch at the famed castle overlooking Lake Winnipesaukee.
- Sandwich is one of the largest towns in Carroll County. Along with having miles of shoreline, Sandwich has an active artist community in the center of town. It is also home to the annual Sandwich Fair, historic buildings and plenty of open space.