Lake Sunapee Real Estate: Lifestyles around the Lake ( Originally Called Soo-Nipi )
Lake Sunapee is 4125 acres, 8 islands, 6 boat launches with 3 lighthouses on the lake.
Sunapee is the town located at the northern end of Lake Sunapee. The town includes the Village of Georges Mills. Sunapee Harbor is home to MV Kearsarge a cruise boat offering sightseeing and dinner cruises, shops, artist galleries restaurants, marinas, boat docking, boat rentals for visitors, a great place to spend the day.
Newbury has a busy harbor at the south end of Lake Sunapee with a marina. Enjoy a meal at one of the many local restaurants on the way to Lake Sunapee State Park Beach or a day of skiing at Mount Sunapee Ski Resort. During the summer enjoy the day at the League of NH Craftsmen Fair or the Annual Apple Pie Crafts Fair both held in August in Newbury. You will find a Dunkin Donuts at the base of the ski area the only chain store in the area.
New London NH
New London is located on what is referred to as the Gold Coast of Lake Sunapee. The shoreline tends to be sandy, with sunsets and mountain views. The town is home to Colby-Sawyer College with a downtown that boasts trendy restaurants, shops, art galleries along with a local hospital. Just to the east of town, you have 600 acre Pleasant Lake and the Lake Sunapee Country Club.
Lakes in the area also include Little Sunapee, Otter Pond, Perkins Pond, Mountain View Lake, Baptist Pond, Kolelemook and Chalk Pond.
Lake Sunapee Local Area Activities, Events & Attractions
- Biking and Hiking - trails and opportunities are plentiful in the area.
- Boating and Sailing - The Lake Sunapee Open Regatta is hosted annually by The Lake Sunapee Yacht Club here, as well as other regattas such as the district level Star regattas. Numerous boat launches are located around the lake.
- Fishing - Lake Sunapee is home to some of the best salmon and lake trout fishing in New Hampshire. Winter brings ice fishing.
- Golf - Several courses are available in the area and throughout the Lakes Region.
- The Oldest Craft Fair in America - The annual League of NH Craftsmen’s Fair is held every summer in town.
- Skiing and Ski Racing - Lake Sunapee is located minutes from the Mount Sunapee Ski Area, Ragged and Dartmouth Skiway,
- Snowmobiling and Ice Sailing - get out on the water even when it's frozen!
Local Town Profiles
- Georges Mills is a village of Sunapee.
- Newbury, located at the southern end of Lake Sunapee, is home to marinas and access to some great hiking trails.
- New London, is referred to as the 'gold coast' on Lake Sunapee. Most of the town's shoreline offers sandy beaches, open water views, and breathtaking sunsets. Visit the many downtown restaurants and shops and if in town for the evening, spend the night at one of many distinctive Bed and Breakfasts or Inns.
- Sunapee, located at the northern end of the lake, is home to Sunapee Harbor. The harbor village hosts fine dining, shops, marinas, and is the home of the Mount Kearsarge Cruise Ship.
Search "Quick Search by Lake" for other lakefront properties in the area.
> Lake Sunapee Lake Homes $400,000 - $700,000
> Lake Sunapee Lake Homes $700,000 - $1.5M
> Lake Sunapee Lake Homes $1.5M+
NH does not have a sales or income tax and retirement income is not taxed and ask us about low property tax towns!