TIME TO WINTERIZATION YOUR LAKE HOUSE
Seasonal cottages take a little more effort but some of the below apply to year-round homes. Prepare a checklist! Here are a few basic items you want to look at.
- Drain all the water pipes and add RV antifreeze: Including - dishwasher-washer - water heater - toilets - hot tub - well pump - filtration system
- Unplug all the appliances and open the refrigerator door.
- Turn off all un-necessary breakers.
- Remove all food.
- Inspect the roof with some binoculars
- Close all gaps in the foundation, doors, windows, and siding. Mice are crafty.
- Clean the gutters
- Winterize lawn mowers and outboards and put gas saver in any gas tanks.
- Your home needs to look lived in, have the driveway plowed and ask a neighbor to drive in and out of it giving it that lived in look.
- 10. Turned the heat down to 55 or 60
- 11. Double check to make sure all windows and doors are locked when exiting.
- 12. Put your cable/internet on vacation mode if possible.
- 13.Don’t post your plans on social media or post while you are away!
- 14. Don't forget to cover outdoor furniture and boats.
If you have any interest in purchasing a New Hampshire lakefront home Lady of the Lake Realty has been in business since 1999 and we have exhaustive knowledge of the lakes.
Call Lady of the Lake Realty at 1-888-737-5550, e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our websites to view lake homes in New Hampshire at www.nhlakesrealty.com to begin your search
Contact Carl Sack or Paula Hinckley both NH Lakefront Specialists #nhlakesrealty