February 7, 2012, in Lancaster; February 8, 2012, in Concord
CONCORD, N.H. - New Hampshire Fish and Game Executive Director Glenn Normandeau will be among the panelists in an upcoming workshop on "Landowner Liability & Recreational Uses," part of the Timber Talks series sponsored by the N.H. Timberland Owners Association and other groups. There are two opportunities to hear the presentation, which will be from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. on:
- Tuesday, February 7, 2012, at N.H. Fish and Game Department Region 1 Office, 629B Main Street, Lancaster, N.H. 03584-3612; or
- Wednesday, February 8, 2012 at the Conservation Center, 54 Portsmouth Street, Concord, N.H. 03301.
There is no charge for the workshop but participants are asked to register by calling 603-224-9699 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please respond by February 6, 2012.
New Hampshire has a rich history of supporting outdoor recreation on private land. The New Hampshire Timberland Owners Association, N.H. Tree Farm Program, and Quality Deer Management Association - First N.H. Chapter are sponsoring this discussion and informational session for landowners who allow outdoor recreation on their property.
The session will address concerns such as:
- As a forest landowner who allows recreation on your property, what is your liability if someone gets injured?
- What state laws and programs exist to protect you and what new legislative efforts are in the works?
- As a landowner, what can you do to mitigate your exposure to risk?
Panel participants include Glenn Normandeau, Executive Director, N.H. Fish and Game Department; Chris Gamache, Program Specialist, N.H. Trails Bureau; Simon Leeming, Attorney, Preti & Flaherty in Concord N.H.; Christopher Meier, Attorney, Cooper, Cargill and Chant in North Conway, N.H.
The N.H. Timberland Owners Association presents its Timber Talks series to inform members and guests about legislative topics and regulations that could impact the value and enjoyment of their land.
From the NH Fish and Game website news section
Information about NH lakefront homes www.nhlakesrealty.com