New Hampshire has over 200 lakes in the lakes region and all of the lakes are just a short drive to a major ski resort or golf course. For those who are truly ski fanatics and would like to own a lake home close to skiing there are a couple of our larger lakes that are a 10 to 15 minute commute to a major ski area.
- Lake Sunapee is almost slope side, this 4000 acre pristine lake is anywhere from a 5-15 minute ride to Mount Sunapee Ski Resort. Mount Sunapee has 11 lifts and over 1500 feet of vertical drop. Homes around the lake are priced $750,000 up.
- Lake Winnipesaukee our largest lake at 43,000 acres sits at the base of Gunstock Ski Resorts. With 1400 feet of vertical this mountain is 4 seasons of fun. Skiing, Zip Line, Segway Tours to Cross Country Ski Trail and Horse Back Riding. The closest towns to the ski area are Gilford, Alton and Laconia. Home prices on Winnipesaukee start at $650,000 and go up to $13 million.
- Newfound Lake is one of the cleanest lakes in the United States, this spring fed glacial lake is over 180 feet deep and is just over 4000 acres. Your commute to one of my favorite ski areas is 15 minutes to Ragged Mountain. Ragged has a wonderful Golf Course for summer activity and is the only area in NH with a 6 passenger high speed lift. The whole family rides on one chair. No lift lines at this 1250 foot vertical mountain.
- Winnisquam is also just over 4000 acres and is located just off Interstate 93. Gunstock is a 15 minute ride from Laconia, Tilton or Belmont. Prices start at $500,000 and go up to $1.2 million.
- Conway Lake is on the Route 16 corridor. This hidden gem of a lake is 1200 acres and puts you in the Mount Washington Valley. From Conway Lake you can be slope side at Attitash or Cranmore in 20 minutes or less. Some of the best snow conditions in the state are found here. North Conway is an adventure in itself, from all types of entertainment, outlet stores, scenic train rides to cross country skiing. Lots to do in this area. Prices start at $450,000 up.
- Squam Lake our second largest lake at 6700 acres and the location of the filming on Golden Pond is one of the most pristine lakes in the country. This quiet lake with islands and open shoreline to explore is a 20 minute ride to Waterville, Loon or Cannon. Waterville and Cannon are home World Cup Racing events while Loon is our largest ski resort in NH. Vertical drop of 2100 feet and a summit elevation of 3100 feet. 12 lifts and 61 trails. Homes start at $1.5 million.
For those of you who are snowmobile enthusiast you can park you sled in your front yard and snowmobile to anywhere in New Hampshire.
For additional information on NH Lake Homes call Lady of the Lake Realty at 1-888-737-5550 or e-mail at email@example.com or visit our website to view lake homes in New Hampshire at www.nhlakesrealty.com or www.lakeorskirealestate.com.
Contact us today!