Lake Winnipesaukee is the largest lake in New Hampshire. It is approximately 21 miles long and from 1 to 9 miles wide, covering 71 square miles with a maximum depth of 212 feet. The lake contains at least 253 islands, half of which are less than a quarter-acre in size yielding a total shoreline of approximately 288 miles. The driving distance around the lake is 63 miles. It is 504 feet above sea level. Winnipesaukee is the third-largest lake in New England.
Located in central NH the lake is surrounded by the towns of Alton, Gilford, Laconia, Meredith, Center Harbor, Moultonborough, Tuftonboro and the Oldest Summer Resort in the United States Wolfeboro. Some attractions around the lake you do not want to miss!
- Weirs Beach, boardwalk, beach, amusements and home to Laconia Bike Week.
- Gunstock Ski Resort, snow skiing, zip lines, cross country skiing, hiking, horseback riding.
- Meadow Brook Concert Venue, summer open air concerts
- Mount Washington Cruise Line, boat tours around the lake.
- Theaters around the lake, Interlakes Summer Theater, Winnipesaukee Playhouse, Lakes Region Summer Theater.
- NH Motor Speedway, your Nascar destination.
- American Police Museum, Lake Winnipesaukee Museum, NH Boat Museum, Wright Museum,
- Plane rides
- Boat Rentals
- Castle in the Clouds.
- Squam Lake Science Center
- In water boat shows, crafts fairs, wooden boat shows, sailboat racing, historic boat races.
- 15 plus golf courses surround the lake plus 10 miniature golf courses.
- Hiking, to many trails to list, favorites - Red Hills and Mount Major.
- Sled Dog Racing
- Snowmobiling from the lake to Canada
- Train Ride, Winnipesaukee Scenic Railroad.
- Outlet Stores and Tons of Restaurants
Winnipesaukee is a vacation and boating destination for the whole family, let's not forget some of the best salmon fishing around. While on your visit think about staying around, New Hampshire has no sales or income tax, low crimes rates and one of the best education systems in the country.
We have over 250 lakes in the lakes region with homes on the water prices from $275,000 to over $10 million. Call us and we can search out a new lake home for you. The NH Lakes Region where the Mountains meet the Lakes. For additional information on lake homes call Lady of the Lake Realty at 1-888-737-5550 or e-mail at email@example.com or visit our website to view lake homes in New Hampshire at www.nhlakesrealty.com or www.lakeorskirealestate.com.
Contact us today!