I was just reviewing our website statistics and there are a ton of buyers out there still shopping/dreaming of purchasing a lake home. Sunday seems to be the most active search day and every holiday is a spike in visitor traffic.
Winter in NH this year is starting out cold and snowy. Why would anyone want to purchase a lake home right now. Agents are telling sellers to wait until spring to list. Here are a few reasons you may want to get a new agent and list right now.
- Interest rates are still very low and with the economy on the upswing these low rates are not going to last forever.
- Many of the buyers looking for a lake home also ski or snowmobile and our region is a perfect match for all four seasons of activity.
- Buyers looking right now have a limited number of homes to view, is your home one of them.
- The buyers out looking right now are serious. The temperature is 10 degrees with 18 inches of snow, the buyers out looking now are not coming up to the lakes region to go out to lunch.
- Buyers have it in their head that sellers with homes listed now are eager to sell, well yes they are and the buyers looking right now are also excited about owning a lake home.
When you are getting ready to list your home the sales agent is every bit as important as the agency/brand they represent. Select a company that you would like to work with and interview agents. When you need to go to the doctor for a specialized treatments do you look for recommendations or just call the first one you find in the yellow pages. All realtors are not created equally. Find an agent that is knowledgeable about the lakes region and the lake you are selling on. Find an agent that will promote your property not only in the MLS but through social media. Don't get pulled in by promises of open houses and local advertising. 90% of the lake home buyers are from out of state and are looking for a home now and their only source of information is the internet. Now is a great time to sell your lake home, is your home listed.
Our office is located in the NH Lakes Region. We help buyers and sellers in the entire region. For additional information on lakefront homes call Lady of the Lake Realty 1-888-737-5550 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website to view lake homes in New Hampshire at www.nhlakesrealty.com or www.lakeorskirealestate.com.
Contact us today to list or buy a NH lakefront home.