Lake House Purchase Considerations
When the kids come home from school my first words were always before you play is your homework finished.
Lakes can vary in size and water quality. One lake might work for one family and not for your lifestyle. Research all aspects of the property you are interested in prior to investing. You do not want to discover that the lake you bought a home on is unacceptable. Do your homework upfront, find out as much information as you can about the lake.
Some questions to ask when considering buying a lakefront property.
1. Is the bottom rocky, sandy or muddy?
2. Water Quality, Oligotrophic, Mesotrophic, Eutrophic
3. How busy is the lake during the season, quiet or go fast?
4. What boating opportunities are available, Jet Skis? Yes, No, Sailing?
5. Fishing, warm water fishery or cold water, trout or bass?
6. Is there any wildlife on the lake such as ducks or geese that could become a nuisance? Duck Itch?
7. Does the lake have milfoil, if yes is there active mitigation?
8. Flood Zone?
9. Adequate water depth for swimming?
10. Water depth for motor boating, sailing?
11. Talk to the neighbor prior to your purchase?
12. Is the lot level, sloping, sunsets, mountain views?
13. How much privacy do you want?
14. Winter usage, snowmobiling, skiing, skating?
15. Is the home winterized?
16. State and town regulations for improvements or landscaping.
17. Local attractions, restaurants and shopping around the lake.
You can work educating a novice realtor or hire a lakefront specialist.
Buy the lake, location, not the home. You can always change the home.
If you are looking for a lake home in New Hampshire Lady of the Lake Realty has been in business since 1999 and we have exhaustive knowledge of the lakes. Our marketing area includes all the lakes from Sunapee Area to Ossipee.
We can help you with selecting a lake meeting your lifestyle. We have comprehensive knowledge of the lakes sizes, water quality, amenities around the lake and even what kind of fish are in the lake.
Call Lady of the Lake Realty at 1-888-737-5550, e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our websites to view lake homes in New Hampshire at www.nhlakesrealty to begin your search
Contact Carl Sack or Paula Hinckley #nhlakesrealty