Hard work just put you in the fortunate position of becoming a snowbird!
Home Winterization Checklist for Snowbirds: 10 Basic Items to Review
Before you head out the door to warmer weather for an extended stay you have prepare your homes cold vacation without you.
Prepare a checklist! Here are a few basic items you want to look at.
- Your mail has to go somewhere, you can’t have your mailbox overflowing! Set this up early with a neighbor or the post office.
- Your home needs to look lived in, have the driveway plowed and ask a neighbor to drive in and out of it giving it that lived in look.
- Turn off the water, ask your heating company if the furnace needs water, if yes turn off the water to the living space or better yet, drain the water system.
- Turned the heat down to 55 or 60 and if you have a forced hot water system talk to your plumber about adding anti-freeze in place of water.
- Unplug all none essentials, stove, microwave, televisions, refrigerators, ( leave the door open ) any item that a digital light comes on wasting energy.
- Put your cable/internet on vacation mode if possible.
- Don’t post your plans on social media or post while you are away!
- Leave a light on or put a light on a timer so your home looks lived in.
- Put fuel stabilizer in gas tanks, car, lawn mowers, snowmobiles etc.
- Lock all windows and doors, double check them prior to leaving.
- Don't forget to cover outdoor furniture and boats.
If you have any interest in purchasing a New Hampshire lakefront home Lady of the Lake Realty has been in business since 1999 and we have exhaustive knowledge of the lakes. Our marketing area includes all the lakes from Sunapee Area to Ossipee.
We can help you with selecting a lake meeting your lifestyle. We have comprehensive knowledge of the lakes sizes, water quality, amenities around the lake and even what kind of fish are in the lake.
Call Lady of the Lake Realty at 1-888-737-5550, e-mail at email@example.com or visit our websites to view lake homes in New Hampshire at www.nhlakesrealty.com to begin your search
Contact Carl Sack or Paula Hinckley both specializing in NH Lakefront Sales #nhlakesrealty