Opening your lake cottage for summer! - Putting together a plan!
In about 2 months the snow will be melting and dreams of summer fun will be at your doorstep. Hopefully, you have a checklist from prior years you can follow to get the camp ready for Memorial Day opening weekend. If you don’t here are a a few helpful hints.
- Bring your tool box - shovels - rakes - a saw.
- Verify that the electricity, phone, the internet is on and insurance is up to date.
- Boat and Trailer registrations are current and have your boat and trailer serviced before you trailer up the road.
- Make sure you have all your keys!
- Cleaning Supplies, towels, mops, brooms, leaf bags and a shop vac would always be helpful.
- Bring some batteries and replenish the flashlights and smoke / carbon monoxide alarms.
- Get the heat / ac checked out and clean the fireplace or wood stove flu’s prior to lighting your first fire of the season. Don’t forget to make sure a workable fire extinguisher is on hand.
- Get the water running, look for leaks and let it run for an hour to get the system cleaned out then change the filters. Finally turn on the hot water.
- Rake the lawn and clean the interior. Your almost ready to start enjoying lake life.
- Get the dock ready for installation, check posts and decking then put it in the water and tie your boat up
That’s it! You’ve got, electricity, internet, water, hot water, clean home, boats on the dock, and the yard is picked up. What else do you need? I would get the grill going for an evening meal.
If you’re looking to sell or buy a lake home in NH give us a call?
Lady of the Lake Realty at 1-888-737-5550, e-mail at email@example.com or visit our website to view lake homes in New Hampshire at www.nhlakesrealty.com
Contact Carl Sack or Paula Hinckley #nhlakesrealty