What you should know when buying a waterfront property!
Helpful Tips to achieve your dreams - memories - investment.
- Buying a waterfront home, it might be your primary home purchase, second home, or future retirement home. You are buying more than a lake home it is a lifestyle.
- Hire a Waterfront Expert! If you have a toothache you go to a dentist not to a chiropractor. Interview agents, why settle for an inexperienced agent. Ask your agent for past client testimonial lake sales and what lakes they have sold properties on.
- Get your financing lined up. Get a bank pre-approval letter, home equity loan or cash as an option. In this competitive market the seller wants to see your proof you can pay. Some sellers will not even show their home unless the buyer has a bank letter in hand.
- What is your goal in purchasing a waterfront home? Memories! It may be a four-season home that has close proximity to ski areas and snowmobiling or a seasonal cottage for summer usage. Motorboating or a kayaking non-motoring lake. List your must-have options and start comparing homes and lakes.
- Buy the lake and location! You can change the home! You can’t change the - sunsets - sandy beach - mountain views - deep water dock - fishing - non-motoring lake - privacy - proximity to attractions - shopping - restaurants. Take a day and drive-by lakes of interest. Why spend a day looking at homes when you have ruled out the area after the first showing.
- Talk to us about the lake that fits your lifestyle. Winnipesaukee and Squam are wonderful lakes but if you have young boaters they can easily get lost with all the islands and inlets. On a smaller lake, your whole family can view them enjoying all watersports from shore and not get lost.
- Research the lake, ask your agent if the lake has milfoil, average depth, lake size, general water quality rating, and if the lake has occurrences of cyanobacteria blooms. Again buy the lake!
- Talk to the neighbors!
- Lady of the Lake Realty is familiar with shoreline rules. The in-depth rules cover tree cutting, home expansion, dock rules, swim platform rules and boating restrictions. We have or can get the answers for you.
- Look at the Fema maps to determine if you will need flood insurance. If in the flood zone an elevation certificate may help with insurance costs.
- Lake experts like Lady of the Lake Realty can offer you expert opinions on lakes. Example Belleau Lake water quality was just reduced to Eutrophic ( Worst Water Quality ) Information you need to know for future resale.
For additional information on lake homes call Lady of the Lake Realty LLC at 1-888-737-5550 or e-mail at email@example.com or visit our website to view lake homes in New Hampshire at www.nhlakesrealty.com
Contact Carl Sack or Paula Hinckley #nhlakesrealty
Scroll to the bottom of the page for individual lake searches.