Lake Home Purchase Considerations in New Hampshire
Lakes can vary in size and water quality. One lake might work for one family and not for your lifestyle. Research all aspects of the property you are interested in prior to investing.
Some research/homework needed when considering buying a waterfront property.
- Water Quality - Oligotrophic is the best!
- Is the swim area bottom sandy? You might have to step into the water to find out.
- Boating opportunities? Motorboating or kayaks only? Jet Skis?
- How busy is the boat traffic at the home's location?
- Fishing? Trout, Small or Largemouth Bass, Salmon
- Ducks and Geese are nice to look at but they can become a nuisance.
- Is there milfoil? If yes do they have an active mitigation program?
- Flood Zone? Ask about an elevation certificate.
- What is the water depth?
- The ideal lot is level with sunsets and mountain views.
- Winter usage? Skiing, Skating, Snowmobiling?
- Prior to buying talk to the neighbors!
Hire a lakefront specialist!
Buy the lake and location! The home can be changed!
Lady of the Lake Realty 1-888-737-5550, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.nhlakesrealty.com to view lake homes.
Popular Lakes - Squam - Winnisquam - Winnipesaukee - Wentworth - Sunapee - Merrymeeting - Ossipee - Great East - Newfound - Waukewan - Pleasant - Silver - Lovell - Pine River - Dan Hole - Webster #nhlakesrealty