Back To Blog

Aquatic invasive species decals required for out-of-state motorboats

Aquatic invasive species decals required for out-of-state motorboats

Concord, NH – The New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services (NHDES) is reminding all persons operating a motorboat on New Hampshire public waters that is registered in another state (other than New Hampshire) of a new requirement to purchase and display a New Hampshire aquatic invasive species decal from NHDES. The new law (RSA 487:43) went into effect on July 1, 2019.

Decals can be purchased online for $20 each. You can purchase decals online at NHDES Invasive Species webpage, by clicking on the link for the boater decal, or at

The decal must be displayed within 3 inches of a boat's valid registration decal. Decals should be placed on the port side of the vessel. Decals expire on December 31 each year. Proceeds from the decal program will be used for prevention and management of invasive aquatic species in New Hampshire.

For more information, please contact Amy Smagula at amy.p.smagula@des.nh.govor (603) 271-2248.

If you are looking for a waterfront home Call Lady of the Lake Realty at 1-888-737-5550 or e-mail at   #nhlakesrealty for more information.  Visit our website 


Add Comment

Comments are moderated. Please be patient if your comment does not appear immediately. Thank you.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.


  1. No comments. Be the first to comment.